A little gem of a rant

Found in another forum. And I quote.

I really hate public service jobs, for two reasons. The first thing that pisses me off is the IQ of the general public, which averages at about 56 points. About as high as your common turkey. The second thing that pisses me off about the populace is that 95% of them had a prickly insect of some kind crawl up their ass during the night.

So, here’s a few miffs I have with my job at Burger King.

1.) TURN OFF YOUR GOD DAMN CELL PHONE! If you can’t get that damn piece of Portaling plastic unattached from your ear, you do NOT need to be ordering food, dammit. Choose an activity. The little red telephone button is there for a reason. Learn it. Know it. Love it.

2.) Newsflash. I am a human being. Yes, that’s right. I am a human being, and thus I expect that I be treated as one. Look, I’m standing here for 8 hours a day taking orders from 500 other people JUST LIKE YOU. I am getting MINIMUM wage, lady. I am NOT your verbal chew toy. You hire a counselor for that, and they get paid like…$200 an hour.

3.) Don’t. Come. In. After. Church. I don’t know why you people go in the first place. You sit on those hard ass pews all hot and sweaty for 4 hours then all 300 of you come in, stand in line, and take your church frustrations out on me. Do me a favor. Either go Atheist, or don’t get fast food every time after church. Wait a few hours.

4.) Know what you want. You have no idea how ugly you look standing there looking up with your mouth agape. You look like a fresh caught fish. 'nuff said.

5.) Know what you want redux. You want a whopper. That’s fine and dandy. Do you want the sandwhich or the meal? The meal. Okay, medium large or king? Large you say? French fries or onion rings? Dude. You people would make my life, and so many other fast food cashiers lives easier if you KNEW what you wanted when you order. Please, tell us whether you just want the sandwhich or a meal, the size and whether you want french fries or something else if there’s a choice. It’s not hard.

6.) Tell me what you want added/taken off just AFTER you say what kind of sandwhich you want. I cannot stand it when people say “Yeah, I want a whopper” order all their other crap, then go back and say “OH! I want no onions on that whopper”. Firstly, the damn sandwhich has already been made. Secondly, I have to go back and delete that sandwhich, which was probably a meal, so that means I have to delete the fry and the drink too. Let’s say it’s a medium. Well, if I delete the 1 medium fry, and there’s 5 total on the order, it deletes ALL the fries, and sometimes I forget to add them back in, or how many…etc. Same thing with the cokes and onion rings. It’s a Portaling pain in the ass. Don’t do it.

7.) Make up your mind. Do you want a meal or don’t you? I have people order just a sandwhich and fries…then order some other things…THEN decide to make it a meal. It drives me nuts.

8.) Know what a meal is. Those people who order “Oh, I just want the sandwhich, a large fry…and a coffee”. Well, that right there is a meal, dipshit. Tell me you want a meal, dammit. I can save you money.

9.) Don’t demand a senior discount. I can see you’re old, you jackass. I know you want a senior discount…but you don’t have to keep SHOVING IT DOWN MY THROAT EVERY SENTENCE! This one dude…he starts out with “Senior order”. Okay. Fine. I punch that in at the end. He says what he wants, but not forgetting to put ‘senior’ at the end of everything. Senior Whopper. Senior Coffee. Senior side salad. Then when I am about to hit the senior key sequence he goes “Did you get my senior discount?”. YES FOR THE LOVE OF PETE OMG STFU!

10.) If you are using the drive-through, put out your damn cigar/cigerette. If you at least can’t do that, then please DON’T BLOW THE SMOKE THROUGH THE WINDOW. Firstly, that’s disgusting. Secondly, I and so many other people I know of are allergic to cig smoke, and thirdly, you’re blowing that Creamy Poison all over yours, and everyone else’s food back here. Inconsiterate bastards.

11.) Know where you’re at. You don’t come into Burger King, order a BigMac and expect to get it. You don’t order McDonalds things at Burger King. We don’t have ‘McNuggets’, we have ‘tenders’. We don’t have a ‘Happy Meal’, we have a ‘Kids Meal’. Dude. You don’t go into tacobell and order a frickin’ cheeseburger. Don’t do it here.

Remember, only YOU can make prevent public service employee suicides.

Think it up! XD

That’s why I try to be nice and patient with people at fast food restuarants. Their job sucks. A lot.

That is precisely why I refuse to hold such a job, for fear of the felonies it would cause me to commit out of frustration.

I feel so sorry for those people. Their job sucks. I try to be nice to them when I go… 'tis the least we could do.

I actually oblige with almost all of those specifications, save for 6 sometimes. Good, must suck regardless to have that job.

I tended to look down at fast-food workers (except managers, etc.) but then I remember all the crap they have to put up with. I guess I respect them more than some other people now.

I have to agree with him, although it can work the other way round too, like some cock who works at one of the Leeds McDonalds’s who once took a breakfast order for me & my brother, and then spectacularly failed to deliver any of the food I had ordered at all. When questioned about it later, he literally threw said food at me.

Well, let’s just say he worked at the Mc’Ds AT THE TIME. :mwahaha:

Number 2 is a problem with pretty much any sort of job where you have to interact with the public. I learned to forgive most of the other points (or their equivalent for my cashiering job), but I can never tolerate people who treat others with such disrespect.

Yes, I have to sympathize with the fast food employees. I know what it’s like to have a crappy job. The only thing that kept me going was the money.

I don’t look down at the workers, jsut the job. MAy ahve to find one soon though.

All of that is so true. Im cring in pity for that.

Yep.

It’s all true.

Why do you think I’m so full of hate?

They are all idiots, and we have to suck up to them and bend over backwards because they’re the customer. And they know it, too. That’s why they dump on us. They get shit on at their job and can’t fight back, so they find somebody they know can’t fight back with them.

I’d also like to add that people who come in at the last minute before closing and make a huge-ass order for your whole brood of a family are EVIL. And certainly don’t bring your whole herd of brats into the store. They run around touching shit and throwing shit and breaking shit because YOU can’t keep them under control, and WE have to pick all that shit up. After we just cleaned up the store so we can close it and get out at a decent time.

It bothers me that people can be inconsiderate in situations like that. When I’m out shopping or ordering food or things like that, I often end up being more courteous that I would be to my own coworkers. Sometimes when I’m having a bad day, I’ll go out and be nice to people while I go about my business, and the cheerfulness I try to exude sort of helps me to think more positively.

I think what I just said sounded sort of weird.

Dude, the workers on Mc.Donalds must hate me ;>>

On some occasions, a McDonalds job is the best that some employees can get. That’s one of the several reasons why I try to be as nice and as reasoning as possible with fast food workers.

Originally posted by Kagon
That’s why I try to be nice and patient with people at fast food restuarants. Their job sucks. A lot.

…I’m fucked.

Originally posted by VickiMints
[b]It bothers me that people can be inconsiderate in situations like that. When I’m out shopping or ordering food or things like that, I often end up being more courteous that I would be to my own coworkers. Sometimes when I’m having a bad day, I’ll go out and be nice to people while I go about my business, and the cheerfulness I try to exude sort of helps me to think more positively.

I think what I just said sounded sort of weird. [/b]

Weird in the sense of uncommon, but not really that weird; I follow the logic. And good on you, Vicki, for making the effort to do that.

I’m generally patient with the employees, unless their dumber than dirt, or if they are going incredibly slow and it’s not the customers fault.

It sucks that people have to get these types of jobs.

I hate #10. I sympathize with non-smokers, and there’s nothing I hate more than accidentally blowing smoke in someones face. For example, I’m on the street and smoking, I turn a corner and exhale right into someones face. Then they give me shit about it, as if I have x-ray vision or something. I know it’s disgusting, and I’m sorry. Now fuck off.

But yea, fast food jobs suck. But if people didn’t do them then nobody would, and we would have no fast food.