A-Level results

The California Academic Testing? Where I live, we take the WASL in 4th grade, 7th grade, and 10th grade, and then we can take the ACT and SAT our Junior or Senior Year.

Originally posted by JFGemini107
[b]The reading divided up into Vocabulary, Comprehension, and California Standards.

Here’s some trivia. The name of the test is called the CAT. [/b]

MUST…RESIST…TERRIBLE…“ALL YOUR EXAMS ARE BELONG TO US!”…COMMENT!:hyperven: :hyperven: :hyperven:

are u pierson as in echoes of the past pierson?anyway well my older bro got his results today as well

I know the name CAT is not that great, but it used to be called the SAT 9, Note: NOT The SAT!

Originally posted by Mitsu
are u pierson as in echoes of the past pierson?anyway well my older bro got his results today as well

Dats dere bunny. I am he. Are you here for the money I owe? If so, expect a greeting from my Avatar. Runs

SAT 9? Why the 9?

Probably SAT X. X being the grade they’re in at the time.

Originally posted by Pierson
So what do the superior lifeforms in Canada have?

You mean the moose? I don’t think they like to take tests. :hahaha;

I’m surprised no one beat me to it, actually.

Oh, I see. In our high school they just called em SATs and left it at that. Our school had a ton of different name or our exams. Half the time we never knew what we were taking.

The upside was, we didn’t worry so much. A fair trade-off.

SAT 9 Stood for Sanford Achievement Test Version 9.

Ahhh. So are they steadily improving them/making them harder as they go?

Nope, What they did this year was rename it the CAT test. They made 20 different versions of the test.

No, I don’t know what CAT stands for.

Then last year, after the test, the school had a big party.

Which I didn’t go to b/c I was in a better place called Hawaii

There’s always a better place to be.:hahaha;

Originally posted by Flintedge
Silly Americans and British with your standardised tests. In Canada we have nothing as the equivalent.

Unless you’re going to an American school, which all self-respecting Canadian students do.

pwn

Does Canada not have good schools or something? Serious question.

Originally posted by Pierson
Does Canada not have good schools or something? Serious question.

No. Well, not really, compared to the schools in the U.S., anyway.

And yes, a Canadian may give up going to a good quality high school that gives out marks according to stricter academic performance to go to a crappier high school in his/her area and do well in the last year of high school for high marks.

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
[b]

a Canadian may give up going to a good quality high school that gives out marks according to stricter academic performance to go to a crappier high school in his/her area and do well in the last year of high school for high marks. [/b]

That sounds like it could work over here as well. I really should have considered it before choosing my college…