A couple FF2 (NES) questions

Well, I am playing FF2 for the NES on an emulator, and it’s experiencing a few problems…

1. Gus’ axe skill levels up after every battle, even though it’s level 16 already.

2. Is there anyway to get characters back in the front row?

1 - You complaining?

2 - Push select on the world map.

Originally posted by Mako
[b]1 - You complaining?

2 - Push select on the world map. [/b]

1 - No… just wondering, because it’s a little weird

2 - ok. thanks! I figured there must have been a way to do it, I just wasn’t sure.

no problem. As for the axe thing, I admit, it’s kinda odd.

How are the other character’s weapon skills? Does Gus have 2 axes equipped? are the other characters even using physical attacks? what point are you in the game? you think I should stop asking questions?

Originally posted by Princefireball
1. Gus’ axe skill levels up after every battle, even though it’s level 16 already.

That sounds like a glitch to me.

Originally posted by Princefireball
2. Is there anyway to get characters back in the front row?

Yes, push select. Remember that you must keep at least one character in the back row or one character in the front row at all times. Generally, I keep Maria, whom I arm with bows, in the back row, and the others in the front row.

I’m on my way to Jade, and my equipment is as follows:

Firion (I named them after they’re PSX names)
Flame Sword
Diamond Shield
Black Armor
Flame Helmet
Ice Gauntlets

Maria
Nothing
Nothing
Black Robe
Goldpin
Giant Gauntlets

Gus
Ogre Axe
Ogre Axe
Ice Armor
Spiral Helmet
Giant Gauntlets

EDIT: Forgot Richard:doh::

Richard
Ice Spear
Flame Shield
Flame Armor
Giant Helmet
Giant Gauntlets

I have everyone physically attack, and use level 7-8 elemental spells if neccesary. Maria has Cure4, but she mostly uses it out of battle. No one else seems to have the glitch either, but that could be because no one else’s level is 16 either…

You must have made some mistake, because you cannot enter Jade with Richard in the party. Perhaps you are talking about the Whirlwind? Based on the equiment which your party has, I presume that you have just completed Mysidia Tower.

Originally posted by Sir Percival
You must have made some mistake, because you cannot enter Jade with Richard in the party. Perhaps you are talking about the Whirlwind? Based on the equiment which your party has, I presume that you have just completed Mysidia Tower.

Hmm… Maybe I need to go read a walkthrough, seeing as how I didn’t even know you had to go to Whirlwind before Jade.

I thought that Jade does not appear until the end of the game, but I could be wrong.

I dunno if it does or not… I read a walkthrough on Gamefaqs, but it wasn’t terribly helpful (I don’t think it was even complete). So, I just guessed based on what I’ve heard from my friends who have beaten the game.