60's music

Dusty Springfield- Son of a preacher man.
The monkees- there she was, justa walking down the street singing doo waah diddy, diidy dum, dedee doo~ XD
Uhmm. Anything by the gypsies.
House of the rising sun.
San francisco or whatever its called (the one that was just covered by global deejays)
…more coming up. I know hundreds of songs since my parents dont listen to anything else, and I can sing along to everything, but I never know artist nor song name.

I’ll list some classic rock in general. It spans a few decades, even into the eighties, but none of it sounds like “eighties” music.

The Who - I Can’t Explain, Anyway Anyhow Anywhere, Overture, 1921, Christmas, Pinball Wizard, Go to the Mirror!, We’re Not Gonna Take It, See Me Feel Me, Behind Blue Eyes, Won’t Get Fooled Again, You Better You Bet

Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son, Song for America, The Wall, The Pinnacle, Play the Game Tonight, Point of Know Return, Dust in the Wind, Magnum Opus

Boston - More than a Feeling, Peace of Mind, Foreplay-Long Time, Something About You, A Man I’ll Never Be, Amanda, I Had a Good Time

The Doors - Light My Fire, Touch Me

The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man

Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode, Earth Angel

Eric Clapton - Layla

The 5th Dimension - Aquarius-Let the Sun Shine

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Around the Bend

Don McLean - American Pie

American Pie was a good 8:32 long… and ALL perfect too!
And wasn’t Brown-Eyed Girl done, (at least sometime), by Daddy Cool?

Ninten:cool:

“Excuse me…”

Can’t leave this brutha outta this thread.

[b]Like A Rolling Stone

Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right.

Subterranian Homesick Blues

It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue

All Along The Watchtower[/b]

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, as it were

Pfft, yeah, stick to my suggestions if you want stuff like Unchained Melody and Under the Boardwalk. The Rolling Stones are just a leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetle bit different.

Try stuff by The Kinks, The Who, Jefferson Airplane and The Doors. It doesn’t matter what, damnit- just keep picking it up!

I concur.
And don’t forget the Four Tops, best Motown group ever.

Already Got…

Thoses are two of the many guesses for the CSI: NY tune… it is Teenage Wastland/Baba O’Reily.

Most of the 60 was domiated by the Beatles… I’d bet you can’t hum I am the Walrus…
and people know what your humming.

I forgot to mention this earlier. You should look up “Polish Melody of Love” by Bobby Vinton.

I kid you not.

The Four Tops are the best motown band ever, especially “It’s the Same Old Song”. Almost every motown single is solid gold.

There are some really nice Beach Boys songs from before Pet Sounds, like “Don’t Worry Baby” as well as most of Pet Sounds and Smile by Brian Wilson. The Beatles are wonderful, of course; my favorite records of theirs are A Hard Day’s Night and Abbey Road, although Please Please Me is extraordinary as well. The Byrds are fucking awesome. Creedence Clearwater Revival is as well. Also, I really like the early Rolling Stones records, before their good songwriter drowned in his swimming pool: Aftermath and Between the Buttons.

And the Velvet Underground. They’re the best for me. Loaded is my favorite record ever, and The Velvet Underground and Nico and their self-titled 3rd record are classics. There’s a nice unreleased record of theirs that has been… released under the title VU and it has some of their best songs on it. They’re so good…

And also, I forgot to mention Neil Young, who released his first few records toward the end of that decade.