2D N64/GCN Zelda games

http://danielbarras.com/

I dunno if any of you heard of this but it’s basically that the person who made that site is remaking Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask and eventually Wind Waker in 2D with the LttP graphics. Personally I think this idea is really cool, I wish Nintendo had thought of it.

Ooh, pretty.

sounds awesome! I loved the story and concepts of Windwaker, but the graphics really killed it!:mwahaha:

Interesting stuff, Orian.

Im pretty sure thats in Gizamalukes sig. I know it’s in somebody’s sig here because I’ve seen it before.

Originally posted by Majin Vegitto
sounds awesome! I loved the story and concepts of Windwaker, but the graphics really killed it!:mwahaha:
Nah, the boat is what killed Wind Waker.

Yeah, I agree. The boat killed it. Graphics where neat.

Having only played OoT, I have to say, those look damn good.

Pretty nice. Now I can suck at Ocarina of Time too, like I do at all two dimensional action rpgs.

Cool. Now if only my connection felt like behaving itself …

looks good, the demo plays alright. looks promising…

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Nah, the boat is what killed Wind Waker.

Wasn’t so much the boat so much as the wandering-around-a-sea-aimlessly-for-bloody-hours that did it for me. I just went out and had a cup of tea and came back.

EDIT: Almost forgot. yeah, this is cool. I like the idea of Link To The Past graphics for the games.

The graphics, the explorations, the whole gameplay, WindWaker had it all…but the damn boat, grah! I find sailing fun and all but it gets old real fast.

I loved LttP but never really got into the 3D games and the grapics of WW turned me off. I must say those screenshots look really cool.

GG likes. GG likes a LOT. :yipee:

I have to agree… that IS cool. Damn original too. And I agree Zero. I loved that game, but I got the warp song as soon as I bloody could. (bloody? I’ve been reading too much Wheel of Time)

Originally posted by Zero
The graphics, the explorations, the whole gameplay, WindWaker had it all…but the damn boat, grah! I find sailing fun and all but it gets old real fast.

At least the fed-ex quests didn’t have you keep a profit margin. Curse you Uncharted Waters : New Horizons! CURSE YOU!

Hmm This is quite interesting. I thikn I could like this…

Although one is afraid some of the elements might be lost… considering some of it was dependent on 3d. But I dunno.

I saw the demo. If he can keep this up through all three games, well then colour me impressed. This is cooler than I had first assumed.

Some things absolutely require 3D – I mean, a bullet-dodging trick or almost <i>any</i> kind of slow-motion that doesn’t involve the camera revolving around the slowed-down stuff just isn’t the same anymore – but Zelda doesn’t have that, so it’s cool.