2D and 3D

Originally posted by Uriel
You people are insolent, arguing which system of gameplay is better…all games suck, all games rule. Either way, you’re going to find shit that sucks, and shit that rules. It’s all about opinion, so don’t start a funckin flame war over this, somone close this shitty thread…<b>NOW!</b>

Someone’s a little high-strung. 8P

I prefer 2D myself, but imagine some genres if they weren’t in three-dimensions. Shooting games, for example; they have only gotten better and better since the 3D revolution started. And Metal Gear Solid was certainly an improvement over the other 3 games in the series, with it’s 3D sneak-around gameplay.

But there’s some games that didn’t make the transition too well, and that’s mainly due to the fact that they’ve been changed from fun 2D romps to 3D collectfests. Remember Donkey Kong Country? Great game, right? But then look at Donkey Kong 64…

Originally posted by Yar Kramer
Uh, actually, the difference between 2D and 3D has a pretty fricking big affect on gameplay.

Cel shading!

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
Cel shading!

And that has nothing to do with the difference between 2D and 3D. I don’t suppose putting more than two words in your posts is too much to ask?

I always get lost in 3D environments, so I don’t like them. And it is more difficult to base a game around tight suits and big breasts when it’s two dimensional, at least if they use old fashioned sprites.

Don’t be too sure about that, Nulani. Some of the naughtiest games of all time were based on simple 2D sprites.

Although I’m an advocate/thing for 3D games, I’d probably pick 2D over 3D for old-time simplicity.

Seldane, I argued that same point before. I don’t believe reality and games make a good mix, but if that were true, we’d probably still be in a 2D world, and people get bored of the same old after some time. You have to make new things to keep them interested in (3D was just the next step).

And Mischief Makes was DAMNED hard.

Let me reiterate my point one last time~ It doesn’t matter if a game is 2D or 3D, if the game is fun, then that’s all that matters~ Woo hoo~ Maybe a game in 3D can be better off in 2D mode, it doesn’t matter if it’s fun to begin with~

Originally posted by Kagato Toujou
[b]I don’t mind, but I find 2D games to be more challenging, and in most cases more funner.

For example: Mischeif Makers. [/b]

Does that mean all 3D games are less challenging than 2Ds? I guess it’s based on people’s opinion for whether or not 2D or 3D games are better.

Ah 2D games can kick A LOT of ass, Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, Last Blade (almost anything by SNK for that matter). Guilty Gear X is also a beautiful game with the best 2D graphics I’ve ever seen.

What really matters though, if the game is good.

Mischeif Makers, ah yes, that game was simply great.

Metal Slug is r0x0r.