2000 post milestone

Kairi, as a lesbian, when did you first know you were a lesbian? How? Why haven’t you turned normal yet? And finally, as a lesbian, do you worship the song ‘Dreams Come True’ by the Cranberries?

Kairi, as a lesbian, do you think Wonder Woman should be gay? I mean, she comes from an all-female nation after all. Is the world ready for its first major lesbian superhero?

Wil, has population growth ever been discussed regarding Themyscira? I tried looking and couldn’t find a mention of it.

Kairi, as a lesbian, do you like booberries?

To err is human.

Aww, that stinks. But yeah, something during the summer could be pretty sweet.

Also, you were incorrect. I sent you the solution to the problem, though.

Oh boo…I am shamed.

Kairi, as a lesbian,

What is your favorite video game?
What’s it like being a lesbian?
Can I come over? :slight_smile:
If you had to choose between losing an arm or a leg, which one would you choose?
Do you enjoy tacos? (Semi-unrelated question, but I had to ask for personal lulz.)
What do you think of my current avatar?

Okami.
Umm…well, not any different from not being a lesbian? Except that I’ve learned that unless I know a person really well I probably should not begin a phrase with, “My girlfriend.” I also can’t really introduce most of my family to anyone I’m dating. My girlfriend also has to always introduce me as some friend to her own family.
I live in a really tiny place, so I can’t really have anyone over. I’m sorry.
Umm…arm. I like being able to play DDR and being able to run.
Yes.
It’s nice.

Kairi, as a lesbian, are you getting sick of or offended by people asking for your opinion based solely on the fact that you are a lesbian?

Also congrats on the 2000 mark.

Not really. I figure it’ll go away once people are bored with the phrase.

Kairi, as a lesbian would you rather get married in a country like Canada or in a state that has it legalized?

I wouldn’t mind getting married in Canada, but that’s mostly because I want to live there for a bit at some point in my life. I would really like the option to get married anywhere I’d like though. ^^

Kairi, as a lesbian, how do you enjoy the position of being one of the few for whom a cigar is just a cigar.

A cigar can not be a cigar? Really?

Kairi, as a lesbian, what did you do for your birthday

Well, if I’d been in Boston the answer would be my girlfriend. But sadly I am not there. So instead I did math for most of the day, then went out to dinner with some of my friends.

Kairi, as a lesbian, when did you first know you were a lesbian? How? Why haven’t you turned normal yet? And finally, as a lesbian, do you worship the song ‘Dreams Come True’ by the Cranberries?

About 4 years ago I met a girl on my first day of undergrad. She was really cute and interesting and I loved spending time with her. So, then I dated her. And it was amazing.
And now I actually am insulted. Turn normal? What is that supposed to even mean? You’re a jerk and I do not like you at all.

Kairi, as a lesbian, do you think Wonder Woman should be gay? I mean, she comes from an all-female nation after all. Is the world ready for its first major lesbian superhero?

Yes, but that’s just because I like gay characters.
Because I live in a bubble, I think the world is ready, but the backlash might not be something the superhero can take. Isn’t Batwoman a Lesbian? Or is she too obscure to make much of an impact?

Kairi, as a lesbian, do you like booberries?

To err is human.

That’s that one cereal, right? They’re pretty good.

Batwoman is, in my opinion, too obscure to have the influence that WW would if she came out; heck most people think she’s the grownup Batgirl. In fact the ONLY publicity she’s had is because she’s a lesbian. As a character she just seems to me like a female Batman, nothing truly distinctive (to be fair I haven’t read much about her.)

Lex: No discussion exactly, though they have had their ranks both decreased (killed en mass fighting menaces) and increased (twice, first by accepting a lost tribe of Amazons back (BAD idea, as they were the EXTREME, man-hating ones) and later recruiting women from the outside world who had nowhere to go (though that was ruined in the godawful AMAZONS ATTACK! miniseries). Rumor is that [Strike]Themyskira[/Strike] Paradise Island is going to suffer another disaster soon. :frowning:

If you could ban one person from the forum, who would it be and why?

I think we all know who we would pick.

Keiri, do you like any type of music? What music is your bellydancing set to? Have you ever seen Arab men dancing? They know how to shake their torso.

Okay, sorry. Also I said ‘normal’ because you say you are a lesbian which, to me, suggests that you are only attracted to women…which is abnormal. I didn’t mean to offend you. It’s just that the whole thing is an interesting subject. Sometimes I use offensive words like that because I don’t realize that they are offensive to some people, because they are not offensive to me.

By ‘normal’ I mean common.

Think before you post. Learn that many words have bad connotation to them. Like abnormal, do you realize how offensive that is?
Stop just posting whatever pops up in your head and start thinking about what you say before you hit reply. That’s the beauty of a forum, you have a chance to edit what you say to keep from being an insensitive jerk.

If you could ban one person from the forum, who would it be and why?

No one at the moment.

Kairi, do you like any type of music? What music is your bellydancing set to? Have you ever seen Arab men dancing? They know how to shake their torso.

There’s lots of music I don’t like. I tend to like songs where the lead singers have some pretty amazing voices, even if the music is very similar from song to song. So…Nightwish-esque music.
Well, when I performed it was set to anything with a good back beat. I think I once performed to a Britney Spears song.
I haven’t seen that; I think I want to.

Except that, even if WW should choose the pastures over the wood, it would most likely be considered a phase at best (much like DC’s overall Grim Dark Kill 'em All attitude as of late). Not to mention that she’s already been in at least one heterosexual relationship. Wonder Woman is as diverse as her fans perceive her to be and no amount of retconning can change that.

Edit: Nevermind me being a douchebag.

I knew I shouldn’t have suggested that framing of a question. I forgot that not all of you knew it started as me asking her a question completely unrelated to being lesbian or asking for an opinion which sexual orientation would play any role whatsoever. A better example would have been “Kairi, as a lesbian, what are your thoughts on the death of Michael Jackson?” Just something so completely unrelated that the descriptor, as a lesbian, made no sense whatsoever.

I think I got the idea from listening to many people express opinions starting with “Well, as a mother and a fire fighter, I think…”

Dammit. Once again, I completely miss the point of the joke. ;_;

Post editted.

I got all that without you saying a thing. I thought it was obvious from the context…

You understand context better than some other people.

Bisexuals need superheroines too.

They already have Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. What more do they want?

Buffy’s not a superhero, she’s a monster-hunter. OK, big difference but in most people’s minds she doesn’t count. It’s for this same reason I didn’t count Xena either, despite her being probably THE big bisexual fictional hero in popular culture (and WW’s current hero-who-kills-her-foes phase, which started in the 90’s, was SO ripped off Xena’s).