1984 Irl

Originally posted by Green Mage
I used to think that the video cameras cities are installing to keep crime down are more inherent of 1984, but hey, now that Wert’s said it, I guess that having the ability to prevent big brother types from viewing your private information is really what 1984 is all about!

Touche

Except that Microsoft is big brother and can view any Word 2003 document regardless of how encrypted it is. Wee. Isn’t Palladium fun?

The only thing Microsoft is creating is a false sense of security IMO.

Yes, Microsoft has video cameras in every room in America, watching us 24/7, reading our high school english papers because they’re *.doc files. We all pledge allegiance to Microsoft every morning, they can arrest anyone they want without a warrant, prosecute without a trial, and read our minds to discover the most painful possible torture method possible to get us to use Windows. They definitely must be brought down.

In response to Shalcar: I apologize for flipping out and all I was just having a bad day, but I still get pissed off whenever someone keeps ranting about microsoft being evil and we should all use linux or suffer horrible deaths because we were not awesome enough to use red hat. I know Wert didn’t say anything about how we should all use Linux, so I probably shouldn’t have flipped out. I just think the whole “OH MY GOD 1984!!!” thing was over reacting.