17 Years Ago, Today

Well if you have to die, I guess a tour bus crushing you will make sure you’re remembered, at least by some.

Originally posted by Vic_Viper
No, best bassist ever is Jaco Pastorius.

…could be that it’s 1:26 am, but right now I don’t have the slightest idea who that is. Care to enlighten me, anyone?

I don’t know who the best bassist ever is and neither do any of you- since ever implies the future as well as the past.

Originally posted by Nicholas D. Wolfwood
i liked metallica’s old stuff alot but their new stuff on St.Anger (no offense to anyone who liked it but) jus plain SUCKS

Actually, “The Unnamed Feeling” is pretty good.

Originally Posted by Dragon tear
…could be that it’s 1:26 am, but right now I don’t have the slightest idea who that is. Care to enlighten me, anyone?

He was a bassist in the 70s and 80s who did a lot of really great solo work and also wrote and played music with a big band. He mainly played jazz so if that’s not your thing you probably wouldn’t like him. He was beat to death by the bouncer of a club he was supposed to perform at in 1988. Weakest. Death. Ever.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
Actually, “The Unnamed Feeling” is pretty good.

Yes. Yes it is.

I liked St. Anger the song… >_>

The beginning of Unnamed Feeling is cool, but after that…they screw it up. St. Anger the song is ok, it sounds better live, but not so good otherwise. Same with Frantic, which I think is a great live song. I don’t particularly like any of the songs off the new album other than Frantic.

Ugh, my awesome Cliff Burton thread is now tarnished with horrible St.Anger praise. I have been smited.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Ugh, my awesome Cliff Burton thread is now tarnished with horrible St.Anger praise. I have been smited.

The one song on the whole album that’s actually decent

The one song on the whole album that’s actually decent

There is no song on St. Anger that is even halfway decent. I don’t know what you are talking about. YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION, PEON!

I wanna be just like Cliff :3
decides to get a bass guitar and do solos on that instead of lead guitar

Originally posted by Cybercompost
There is no song on St. Anger that is even halfway decent. I don’t know what you are talking about. YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION, PEON!

Yes I am. That’s the idea behind a [b]FORUM[/b].

Originally posted by Steve
I wanna be just like Cliff :3
decides to get a bass guitar and do solos on that instead of lead guitar

Dude, soloing on a bass is just not right. :stuck_out_tongue:

CC swings, it’s going, going! Going! Ohh, it’s over ahkeeyuu’s head and outta the park!

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Dude, soloing on a bass is just not right. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anesthesia. That’s my defense :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes I am. That’s the idea behind a [b]FORUM. [/b]

You fail understanding sarcasm. :fungah:

Originally posted by Nero
You fail understanding sarcasm. :fungah:

No…I replied to sarcasm with sarcasm.

…How was that sarcasm. There was no indication that it was :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Originally posted by Steve
…How was that sarcasm. There was no indication that it was :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Italicizing isn’t enough for you? Or do I need a huge freakin’ sign saying THIS IS SARCASM!!!

Yes.
Yes you do.