1337 thing on google

Go to google, click on language tools, translate from English to French, and type in the word “prematurely”

Pr3maturément

Heh, the staff page looks funny translated to French.

Babelfish is much better for that :stuck_out_tongue:

With that “Google in your language” thing you can have google translated into 1337 speak. I forget where the link it though.

Yeah but this is like, a google programmer so used to typing in 1337 that he made part of the official translation program partially 1337 :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh, here’s one:

Go to Google.com and in the search box, type in
“french military victories”
(without quotes)
Now, click “I’m Feeling Lucky”

Enjoy! :mwahaha:

Yeah. That’s an Albino Black Sheep page. So?

And the redirection page (“Did you mean French military defeats”) ignores most of the Middle Ages.

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Scroll down to the middle. Mixed in with those real languages for the google interface are languages like “Bork, bork, bork!”, “Elmer Fudd”, “Klingon”, and “<A href=“http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker/” target=”_blank">Hacker</a>" (1337 speak).

Originally posted by PitchWhite
[b]Go to Google.com and in the search box, type in
“french military victories”
(without quotes)
Now, click “I’m Feeling Lucky”

Enjoy! :mwahaha: [/b]
That is pretty humorous.

Xwing1056

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
And the redirection page (“Did you mean French military defeats”) ignores most of the Middle Ages.
Not to mention the Napoleonic era. There’s a whole slew of these asinine jokes making the rounds, and they’re all about equally disgusting. So, 200,000 defenders lost to 1,000,000 Germans in the Battle of Verdun, after fighting valiantly in order to not let them pass! Oh my stars! That is the most hilariously funny thing I’ve ever heard, especially coming from some worthless little two-bit hack who isn’t ever going to fight a battle in his life!

Yeah, the only military to make harmless jokes about is your own. Then it’s okay to say they’re funny.

Xwing1056

Originally posted by Xwing1056
Yeah, the only military to make harmless jokes about is your own. Then it’s okay to say they’re funny.

Yeah, that and Canada’s military.

Originally posted by Xwing1056
Sorry, I don’t snicker at the deaths of American soldiers. Go slander someone else.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Katana
Sorry, I don’t snicker at the deaths of American soldiers. Go slander someone else.

That’s very righteous of you, but it’s a joke. Do you suppose that Gallic warriors are rolling over in their graves, as people laugh about Rome conquering them? Or that the knights in the Hundred Years War would care that they’ve been the subject of a quip? We’re not “snickering at their deaths.” We’re laughing at a witty, elaborate allusion to a contemporary theme in humor. France’s military could transform most countries into ash, but we can still chuckle for a moment at the thought that it couldn’t.

Xwing1056

Okay, that’s far more reasonable. However, the “current theme in humour” is in my opinion largely malicious and unfunny. I’m sure you’ve gotten those chain e-mails in which the “French military defeats” are listed (the events are picked selectively, of course), like the Battle of Verdun for instance, and after a brief description of the event (with casualty numbers), the authors do this dumbass supercilious haw-hawing of each one. I think that this petty humour, based only on a diplomatic disagreement in current events, is in very poor taste. If someone were to make a joke out of the number of American casualties in the Vietnam War, or Sept. 11 for that matter, I would not appreciate it, “contemporary humour” or not. Would you?

EDIT: Incidentally, I also sent a letter to Amnesty Intl. in re that Jamaican prison camp / “reform school” business. Thanks for the heads-up.

Evem Canadians make fun of the Canadian military but that’s because Canada is just a bunch of pacifists who talk rather than fight.

Originally posted by Videospirit
Evem Canadians make fun of the Canadian military but that’s because Canada is just a bunch of pacifists who talk rather than fight.

I said once that “only someone who is Canadian can make fun of Canada THAT much.” I was referring to the Arrogant Worms, but still.

I am Canadian but what are the arrogant worms.