11 minutes.

Holy shitnuts

This was posted awhile ago, but it’s still impressive. Apparently he played around with something to make him jump further…

Wasn’t he using save-states? or was that the Megaman ones? Still, it’s pretty damn cool. It takes me a coupla hours to complete that game.

http://bisqwit.iki.fi/nesvideos/

Is that the SMB3 video that was popular a long time ago?

The way he did it was with an emulator (JNes I think), and its movie recording function. That particular emulator allowed you to use savestates while recording a movie, so every time you mess up, you can continue off from the last time you saved, and it would be undetectable that you ever messed up at all. He ended up using thousands upon thousands upon thousands of savestates to make that movie. It’s still pretty awesome though.

They use an emulator called Famtasia for NES, it allows the seemless loading of savestates during a movie recording. SNES videos are usually created with Snes9x, and Sega Genesis movies are made with a modified version of GENS.

Read their Why And How section.

Cheers Epic.

That’s right, it was Famtasia, not JNes. I even downloaded Famtasia to see how hard/easy/fun it would be to make a similar movie. I got halfway through the first level of Super Mario Bros. before I realized that making these kinds of movies was a waste of time.

I don’t think he used a program to jump farther. If you hold the “B” button just as you jump, you go higher and/or farther. I think it was the B button.

What’s the point of cheating while making a movie intended to show off your skill?

Because you’re not just showing off skill, you’re attempting to achieve [b]perfection[/p] in a manner that isn’t achievable on a single try or without help. Some of these people reload and retry the same jump or move well over thousands of times to get it just right. And they’re not using cheats to enhance the characters ability, they’re just retrying and redoing each move until it’s perfect.

I like it how s/he gets 99 lives within the first 8 minutes.

I find it funny that no one cares what you are saying Setz and we are talking about how the guy cheated. :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw: good find Epic

Shut up. You make me cry. =(

Only because you know it’s true. :stuck_out_tongue:

So true… so true.

That Sonic And Knuckles + Sonic 3 one is so good it isn’t even funny. :open_mouth:

I mean, even with the save states, they still have to know the game. Bastards. >_> I’m not jealous at all.

Link please.

My media player won’t open those type of files. Windows Media Player > Smv files.

You need this version of the Gens, the rom copy of Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 called Sonic and Knuckles & Sonic 3 (JUE) [!], and the movie file that can be found on this page.

Then, load the rom into Gens, then go CPU > Play Movie, choose the location of the movie file, then simply press ‘Play Movie’. I just saved you a coupla hours downloading a huge AVI file. :stuck_out_tongue:

And you better actually watch the file, after I went to all the trouble of typing this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn straight I [strike]won’t[/strike] will.

Edit: Whoah. No one said anything about 200 megs.